The Ayurvedic clock is a description of the ayurvedic times of the day that are best to eat, work, sleep and exercise.
Each of the doshas has their own timeframe.
- It is said that this best time of day to wake and begin a morning routine.
- The day is still calm, which supports vata, and the mind is clearer than other times of the day.
- This is a great time for meditation ans/or study.
- It is best to have a light breakfast
- Digestive fire is the strongest.
- Best time to have your largest meal of the day.
- After 10:00pm, is when we get a "second wind".
- Best to wind down and/or go to bed before this time.
- This is when the energy is the most steady.
- Its great to get up early and start the day.
- Best time for exercise