What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the practice of being aware and in the moment. It is an awareness that is without judgment and allows you to just be. The practice of mindfulness does not have be sitting with the eyes closed. You can be walking, brushing your teeth or doing any activity with your full attention. Bring all of your attention to that one thing. Listening, seeing, hearing, smelling and feeling what is happening in that moment.
Why be Mindful?
- Mindfulness gives us a sense of self.
- It brings awareness to the things in our environment.
- We are better able to communicate with others.
- We can see others and ourselves without judgement.
- When we are mindful we have more appreciation for what we have.
- Mindfulness allows us to be more aware of our feelings.
- To practice self-care.